The new alts pump stronger
The new exchanges overthrow the old rulers. Fresh coins are easier to market, all the news is concentrated on them. The developers have not yet merged their share, but for now, the exchange is collecting all the juices from the market.
A little history:
- Little altcoins of 2013/2014 met the alt season only in the summer of 2015. The culprit was the Cryptsy Exchange. Most of these coins no longer exist, as well as the exchange itself.
- Altcoins 2015/2016/2017 received their minute of fame in Q1-Q2 2017. The main movement was set by Poloniex. The old altcoins grew worse than the new ones, with the rare exception of DGB and XVG, which were rebranded.
- Alty Q3-Q4 2017 gold-plated their holders at the peak of the bubble in Q1 2018. The leading exchange was Binance. Again, the bulk of the old coins grew weaker.
The new wrappers overtake the old ones. The new exchanges overthrow the old kings. I partially explained this phenomenon here. Fresh coins are easier to market, all the news is concentrated on them. The developers have not yet managed to merge their share, there is a motivation not to abandon the project.
Alts 2018-2019 will show themselves better than others at the upcoming bull run. Today there was an infusion, tomorrow we will talk about the stock exchanges.
Cryptsy, Bittrex, Poloniex - now these are the faint shadows of the past, although 2 years ago there was no worse roller coaster than the Binance. What went wrong? I will explain it by an example:
- There is a hypothetical new exchange, which is still in the blind zone for hamsters. There, the whales are accumulating new alts. Perfect conditions - if there is liquidity on these altcoins only on this exchange, and nowhere else.
- The alt season has begun. It is time to speed up the prices of purchased tokens. The exchange falls into the zone of visibility of hamsters because unexpectedly it turns out that it is also suitable for pumps. Fresh blood creates the liquidity that whales need for sale.
- The alt season is over, and new beholders have been born. Thus, here is where it gets interesting. Most of the existing altcoins on the stock exchange have already been lost. It is unprofitable for the whales to accumulate them anew, as the beholders will create pressure during the growth. New alts will be seldom listed, and there will be more competition among them during the accumulation phase. What should poor whales do? Find another exchange, and the newer, the better! Back to point 1.
Does this mean that Binance is expecting the same thing? May be. But for now, the exchange is collecting all the juices from the market - we need to use it. Even the "dead" Poloniex and Bittrex still have random pampas.